Welcome to the era of the
IDRA focuses on powerful and sophisticated machines for a demanding market such as the automotive industry, and it became the first company to build machines for structural elements with many years of experience including magnesium components. Today IDRA produces the largest machines in the world, 8.000 and 9.000 ton die casting machines that are being used to accelerate the global move towards electric and hybrid vehicles.
IDRA was the first company to receive production orders for 9.000 ton machines that can be used for SUV and small truck markets. Even in this case IDRA started off first on these projects, which seemed to be impossible at the time but and now can provide GigaPresses with fairly standard delivery times.
Producing more die casting machines order to make more vehicles, exploiting IDRA know-how to provide the market with the right product at the right time, therefore endeavouring to make our presses increasingly smart We strive to provide the user with the possibility to respond to an increasingly competitive and technological product requirement.
IDRA Giga Press Innovative Goals:
• new solutions for the hydraulic plant, capable of determining a certified 54% saving on energy consumption.
• more stable injection conditions with regeneration in all phases, to guarantee the best possible dynamic force in every possible operating phase and therefore the possibility of manufacturing larger structural castings with thinner walls.
• a deep evolution in the body of new generation cars, doors, and crash protection, improving aesthetics and modularity with a uniquely experienced production history starting in 2020.
• industry 4.0, development of new architectures for the die casting cell with a central cell controller integrating and monitoring the press and all other peripheral equipment, so as to ensure the central role of control programming and the simplification of the commissioning of die casting plant at the clients’ premises.
Giga Press also offers unparalleled guaranteed long life and reliability.
Low Energy cost
Energy efficient motors with speed control.
Minimized injection pressure loss and accumulator recharge time.
Fast cycle times
Integrated high flow hydraulic manifold blocks.
Increased pump capacity utilizing DCP technology.
User friendly controls
Inject Computer 3.2 (best in class machine management software).
Eliminated push button Unit using Multiple touch screens.
Cell controller Single point setting for integrated peripheral automation.
Easy maintenance and minimal risk of fluid loss
All-in-one hydraulic manifolds.
Limited use of external pipe-work.
Designed-for-access mechanical groups with new guard design.
Fit for complex parts manufacture
Closed loop 5S regenerative control of the injection velocity.
Programming and control of process parameters.
New Injection Series 5S©
- Closed loop regenerative injection with aux servo pump for efficient recharge.
- Extended velocity control valve life by balance of hydraulic forces.
- High dynamic force necessary to fill difficult castings.
- Maintaining same final pressure requirement for porosity in power train castings.
- Reducing complex electrical parts and stops.
- Simplified assembly of the system with modular scalable construction.
- Increased safety requirements for access while machine is running.
- Reduced emissions from the die casting process.
DCP HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
- Reduced energy consumption per cycle of the DCM cell.
- Separated closing and injection pump systems.
- Allowing subgroup testing for the injection system.
CELL CONTROLLER INTEGRATION
- A more efficient way of managing the software requirements for complicated cells.
- Standard DCM software avoids instability and unnecessary stops.
- Flexibility and customization for many different configurations.
- Easy integration with the best in market products.
Giga Press debuts the new revolutionary patented injection system, a result of an amazing R&D effort and two years of hot tests in collaboration with IDRA Group’s FSA partners.
5S is a closed loop regenerative injection with aux servo pump for efficient recharge, that gives you total control of pressure and velocity, with high dynamic force necessary to fill difficult castings, and an incredibile amount of technological enhancements to give you superior results.
360° view of the new 5S injection system
- Massima forza dinamica del cilindro di iniezione sempre disponibile (2a fase).
- Forza dinamica ottimizzata.
- Migliore qualità della stampata.
- Miglior controllo.
- Meno tensione ed effetto termico.
- Minore sollecitazione su masselli, tubi e guarnizioni.
- Consumo di fluido idraulico ridotto fino al 54%.
- Basso consumo di energia.
- Ricarica efficiente e pressione programmabile.
- Lunga durata dei componenti.
- Fluido mai scaricato nel serbatoio.
- Fluido idraulico non emulsionato.
- Start 1a fase senza saltello.
- Riduzione rumore durante il movimento di iniezione.
- Stabilità senza rivali.
- Ripetibilità di prim’ordine.
- Pressione finale eccellente.
Giga Press debuts the new Guarding system developed by Idra Group following the ‘Foreco. Forever’ philosophy: eco-sustainability and efficiency. The innovative system comes with reduced manufacturing costs and impact: the toggle guarding can now be eliminated using a closed system with light barrier protection, and difficult to manufacture sheet metal gear guards are no longer needed.
The NGS goes the ‘less is more’ route with a simplified electrical installation, a minimalistic design that reduces components and removes cable and switches. These improvements - together with a DC motor with direct belt drive - allows for a faster movement of the guards and a quicker cycle. The new design is also easily customizable: customer name and logo can be added to rear panels and colour scheme can easily be modified on request.
- Servo drive
- Faster Guard movement
- Reduced Wear
- Simplified Design
- Total machine protection
- Easy customization
Giga Press comes equipped with the new over-theedge Drive Control Pump System developed by Idra Group. The DCP has a new architecture, that can accomplish the same efficiency with smaller kW motors, thanks to a new MasterSlave, closing unit, an improved PLC control and a new Injection Accumulator charging unit, that charges independently from the closing and core puller system.
IDRA Cell Controller is a brand new 4.0 architecture developed by IDRA and available in all the new machines, to perform efficiently the software requirements for complicated cells. From a single ‘Cell Controller’ unit, you can now control the DCM and all the peripherals of the automation cell with an easy to read, easy to customize user interface.
IDRA Cell Controller brings a new level of connectivity and integration, with a seamless flow of data IDRA Cell Controller exchange between DCM and the peripherals, to give you full control over production and process traceability. In a single screen you have a complete diagnostic analysis of the cell, greatly improving set-up and maintenance times and costs.
The DCM software is standard to give 100% reliability, and the Cell Controller offers complete flexibility and customization for many different configurations.
DISCOVER IDRA'S ARCHITECTURE 4.0